Here are just a few facts on our fun friend Alcohol!
1. Alcohol kills one person every 10seconds worldwide.
2. Alcohol is not digested it gets absorbed directly into the blood stream.
3. Giving up alcohol for just one month can improve liver function, decrease blood pressure and reduce the risk of liver disease and diabetes.
4. 3.5% of cancer deaths worldwide are attributable to the consumption of alcohol. The world health organization has classified alcohol as a group 1 carcinogen.
5. By cutting down alcohol keeping a healthy bodyweight, and exercising, you can reduce the risk of cancer by 30%.
6. Alcohol consumed with food is absorbed more slowly, because it spends a longer time in the stomach.
7. A 12-ounce glass of beer has about 150 calories, a 5-ounce glass of red wine has about 125 calories, and a 1.5 ounce shot of gin, rum, vodka, whiskey or tequila has about 100 calories. Your 30min PT Session = 250-350cals, 60min PT Session 500 – 700cals*.
*This changes based on weight, height & gender.
THINK BEFORE YOU DRINK